Crystal ball gazing is best done on the night of a full moon. A crystal ball that measures 2-5 inches in diameter is best to use. Place your crystal ball on a stand with a velvet cloth underneath. Make sure nothing is reflected in your crystal ball.
What to do:
Go inside a darkened and quiet room.
Light two candles so you can see. They also help reflecting images in the crystal ball.
Burn patchouli incense to get you in the mood. You can even play soothing music if that will help.
Center yourself by gazing into the ball, being careful not to stare.
Breathe deeply. Inhale and exhale. Do this for 15 minutes.
When performing any form of scrying or divination you are summoning the forces from the spiritual realm. These forces are normally closed off from the plane we live in unless disturbed. And crystal ball gazing and scrying actually disturbs them. Whenever you perform divination, these forces can either help you, attack you, or drain you. They can use your crystal ball to step through into this world. This is why it is always best to perform a cleansing ritual and a protection ritual beforehand.
Crystal ball work
- Place the crystal ball on a stand in front of you.
- Sit down and relax.
- Lay your hands gently on the ball for 2 minutes to infuse it with your energy.
- Reflect on the purpose of this scrying session: visualize your question or say it out loud.
- Take your hands off the crystal.
- Look deeply into the crystal. Allow your eyes to relax and become unfocused.
- When you see smoke forming in the crystal, allow it to occupy the whole ball till you see an image forming.
- If you’re new to crystal ball gazing, the images might not make sense to you at first because your mind is still not able to grasp what the images mean, you may not see images at all, or it may not even be related to what you want. But the more you work with a crystal ball, the better you will get at it.
But here are some of the meanings behind certain types of smoke that form: