When you find yourself particularly stressed, it can take a toll on your productivity and overall health. In the event of a bad day, some kitchen magick comes in as a super helpful skill.
Here are 5 teas you can make that can banish your worries and bolster your immune system. GOOD NEWS: You can easily find these herbs in your kitchen!
Drinking mint green tea can greatly improve both your mood and physical health. Research has proven that the L-theanine found in green tea can inhibit certain viruses like the flu, lower blood pressure, decrease the risk of diabetes, improve brain function, promote fat burning, AND reduce anxiety. Combined with mint, green tea also acts as a natural cure for cold symptoms and indigestion. You can say that green tea is the healthiest drink you can whip up in your kitchen!
MINT GREEN TEA RECIPE
1 tablespoon green tea leaves
1 large handful fresh mint leaves, washed
1/2 liter boiling water
3 - 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Boil 1 liter of water in a teapot or cauldron.
2. Swirl the boiling water (1/4 cup) discard the water.
3. Add in the green tea. Pour a few tablespoons of boiling water over the leaves until the leaves are soaked. Swirl the pot to rinse the leaves and discard the water.
4. Put in the mint leaves and sugar. Fill the teapot or cauldron with 1/2 liters of boiling water. Steep for 5 more minutes.
5. Stir slowly and serve.
Aloe vera is very famous for the health benefits it gives when you apply it on your skin. It heals burns, wounds, and reduces fever. Ancient Egyptians even used it as a beauty ointment!
But did you know that aloe vera also packs a lot of nutrients that bolsters your immune system? It also helps with lowering blood sugar levels and cholesterol, and as well as getting rid of constipation and parasites inside the body.
ALOE VERA TEA RECIPE
1 cup hot water
1 tea bag (tea of your choice)
1 teaspoon fresh aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon honey (or more)
1. Put 1 cup of hot water into a small pitcher or cauldron.
2. Steep 1 tea bag of your choice for 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bag from the pitcher.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel to the tea.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of honey (or more, according to taste).
6. Stir and serve.
Another strong contender for the healthiest drink is ginger tea. Ginger root is known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which are great for reducing fever and flushing out harmful body chemicals. You can also use ginger for indigestion, sore throats, coughs, colds, motion sickness, and nausea!
GINGER TEA RECIPE
1 - 2 slices of ginger root
1 cup boiling water
1. Place the ginger root slices in a mug.
2. Add boiling water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add honey to taste.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!
Right off the bat, lemon's greatest strength is its high Vitamin C content. With long term use, lemon can aid in easing high blood pressure, weight loss, and prevention of kidney stones. It's a great immunity booster!
The humble black pepper has earned its reputation as the "king of spices" because of all the health benefits you can get. It boosts metabolism, improves digestion, relieves colds and cough, and treats skin problems.
LEMON AND PEPPER TEA RECIPE
6 pieces black pepper (crushed)
6 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat water in a teapot or cauldron for 1 minute.
2. Add crushed pepper.
3. Add sugar and mix. Let it boil for 8 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture in a cup.
5. Add fresh lemon juice.
6. Serve hot!
Cinnamon, a favorite spice among coffee and dessert lovers, also packs a punch when it comes to health advantages! It's one of the most powerful antioxidants, as well as an effective blood sugar regulator. It strengthens the immune system and can help in improving brain power.
CINNAMON TEA RECIPE
1 1/2 cup water
3 - 4 cinnamon sticks
Sugar or honey (optional)
1. Boil the water and the cinnamon sticks in a teapot or cauldron for 5 minutes.
2. Let it steep for 10 minutes.
3. Add sugar or honey to taste.
4. Enjoy while it's still hot!
There is no better time than the present to start being more mindful of your physical, mental, and emotional health...
...that's why you have to fill your heart and soul with these hot teas that you can easily do at home.
Make the quarantine period a time to nourish and comfort your soul. Grab a book, curl up in your favorite corner, and enjoy your tea!
To see more of our home goods, click this link!
Comments will be approved before showing up.