In this post we’ll take a look at the Caduceus staff. We’ll explore where it came from, what it means for you as a Wiccan (or Pagan) and how to use it in your daily life.
Apollo and Hermes
Hermes was a greek god (also known as Mercury for the romans).
The legend goes that he stole Apollo’s cattle when he was a small child. However, charming as he (Hermes) was, he eventually made peace with Apollo and exchanged his lyre with Apollo’s staff.
Hermes and his staff is a symbol of good luck, trade, luck in gambling and a messenger of the gods.
Symbolism Of The Staff
The Caduceus staff holds a lot more symbolism to is than you first see. When you take a closer look, you can see that this is a very powerful symbol.
- The staff is all about the connection between humans and gods.
- The staff itself represents the earth element and our living body (think of the staff as your spine). The staff is also a masculine symbol.
- The two snakes defies gravity and makes their way up the staff, symbolizes power and the struggle to reach a higher spiritual level.
- The wings symbolize the air element, our spiritual self and the connection with our gods.
- Finally, the round ball on top is a representation of how your physical self connects with your spiritual self. The circle is a feminine symbol and also represents your pineal gland and your higher self.
In a way, the Caduceus Staff represents the essence of your spirits connection with your physical body.
The Caduceus Staff and Wiccans:
As a Wiccan, you can use the staff in rituals, spells and offerings.
You can also just wear a Caduceus pendant when you need extra luck and a better connection with gods and you higher self.
It is also a known symbol to help ward off sickness.
Here's how to use the Caduceus Staff it in your practice:
- You can use a Caduceus Staff Pendant in spells and rituals.
- Include it to help communicate with the gods and get your message/intention out into the universe.
- For good luck and health spells it's a must have.
You can get your own Caduceus Staff with birthstones here!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.